Wednesday, February 28, 2007






This ride was incredible. It involves a 32 km climb to the top of Penticton's local ski hill. What beaut scenery but $%ck t was cold. I went up with just water and no food . When I was about 2 km from the top I realized that was not a good idea and that I am not in as good as shape as I was last year when I rode up before IMC. When I finally got there I went straight to the shop and purchased $10 of sugar just to get myself in good enough shape to get home. Was I glad to get home and went straight to the hot tub to warm up. 32 km downhill in minus 5 after sweating all the way up tends to cool your body off a bit.

1 comment:

Paul Fleuren said...

Nice work Kirk,

Looks like your throwing down a challenge with some big adventures. Stayed tuned and I'll try and up the ante on you!

Keep those photos coming, it saves having to write soo much.

Are you doing IMC again this year???

paul